Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Malcom X, and Mike Rose Ed narrative

                                                Malcom X and Mike Rose's Ed Nar.
  I found both of these essays to be engaging and enjoyed their style of narrating. I also enjoyed the fact that they started with a short bio of themselves enabling me to connect with each of them and understand where they were coming from. I am not to familiar with writing terms, but I will do my best to describe my points in a way everyone can understand. 

  To me both stories described in detail, where and how they came to their topics but also the environment and time surrounding their experiences, which is something that I find very engaging. It helps you to understand the people or topic they are talking about whether or not you relate. In other words (paint a better picture). Both stories seemed to be about their struggles with education and how they used these struggles to their betterment.  Although I do feel Mike rose would have done better if the school system  had actually paid attention to their clerical errors.  (Malcom X being in prison choose to learn to read, eventually helping him to further educate himself through books) using the very thing that at one time in the past he would only pretend to understood, to teach himself. Mike Rose using the actual experience he had in school and the situations he observed among other students and teachers to influence his decision to try to better the schools system of educating those needing a little push, understanding, or a different curriculum.  (They were both motivated through life). Which  in my belief, is the very thing that will shape you and the life that you choose to live.
  

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment