Sunday, May 4, 2014

Beginning draft. Paper #2

      At this point I only have one teacher. I will be using Mrs. Gruwell from the Freedom writers  and the other teacher from the next film we watch because I have no memory of my past teachers.
      Mrs. Gruwell was an outstanding teacher, she proved that she would go to great lengths for her students and at almost any cost, including taking on 2 extra jobs to purchase learning materials because she had no support from the school, and demonstrating a huge amount of dedication to her students which would eventually cost her her marriage. She really seemed to care about what the students needed and how she could get them interested in learning. She observed the students and then refused to give up on them or to allow the other staff at the school to shape her opinion of the kids. She instead came up with a solution to make the kids trust her and want to learn. Although there are many great teachers out there, I do believe it is hard to find a teacher with this much dedication and love for there students. I don't even think I would go to the lengths that she did, and I consider myself to be a pretty over compassionate person. I would say that she is rare. She refused to give up on these kids. She quickly came to realize that she had to show authority and demand respect. Once she showed the students that she would not tolerate their mis behavior, they decided to give her a listen. She planned her lessons around the students and there lives, which helped keep them engaged and made them want to learn. She was fun, yet firm, compassionate, creative, and dedicated.
       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment